Vigorous convent – Vibrant industry
"Vigorous convent – Vibrant industry: 100 years of GF at Klostergut Paradies"
March 19 - November 12, 2018 at Klostergut Paradies, Schlatt (TG)
Workers' housing, the Iron Library, potato farming and, most recently, "design thinking": in the century since GF purchased Klostergut Paradies in 1918, the former Poor Clares' convent has served all sorts of purposes. The Corporate Archives also found a home here as of 1948. Since 1974, the landmarked convent building has been used mainly as the GF training center.
The centenary exhibition with photographs from the Corporate Archives tells the hundred-year history of GF at Klostergut Paradies and brings to life industry in Schaffhausen in the 20th century.
The exhibition is divided into three thematic sections:
- Vigorous Convent: Klostergut Paradies from A to Z
- Vigorous Convent: The World Visits GF at Klostergut Paradies
- Vibrant Industry: Visualizing the Corporate Archive of Georg Fischer Ltd.
The exhibition was accompanied by a rich supporting programme, including expert tours on various topics:
- Hugo Rechsteiner, longtime GF employee:
"Stories from the world of GF"
- Franziska Eggimann, Head of Corporate Archives of GF:
"GF through the lens of the in-house photographers"
- Gisela Hürlimann, Chair for History of Technology, ETH Zurich:
"1918 – Socio-historical aspects of the year of the nationwide strike"
- Peter Niederhäuser, Historian:
"Klostergut Paradies from the Middle Ages until today"
- Martin Gasser, Curator Fotostiftung Schweiz:
"Industrial photography at GF in the context of the Swiss history of photography in the 20th century"
- Adrian Knoepfli, Economic Historian:
"Swiss industrial history in photographs from the GF archive"