In 1918, Georg Fischer Ltd purchased two farms in Schlatt in the Canton of Thurgau. The purpose of the acquisition, an unusual step for an industrial manufacturer, was to use the land to produce food for the company’s employees in wartime. The former Poor Clares convent Paradies was located on one of the farms. GF used this property for many years as employee accommodation, later as old-age housing, and after World War II in part as the seat of the Iron Library Foundation. The Corporate Archive also found a home here in 1948. The carefully restored convent building has served since 1974 mainly as the Corporation’s training center. The centenary celebration “100 years of GF at Klostergut Paradies” is an opportunity to look back over the last century of history at the Paradies convent.